Tuesday, January 24, 2017

How social media divide and not connect



I have been using social media since friendster days. And now that we have more media to use that claims to connect family, friends, company and basically everybody I feel like we are more divided than ever before. I have lost friends and family members on my facebook (got unfriended and even got blocked) coz of what I believe and what I stand. It is a sad reality that dear friends and family cannot accept me for who I am but demands that I do the same for them.

If I posted our family photos going somewhere or having fun - I am judged that I am not helping them out financially (asian culture) when our trip only cost us less than $20 to get there (to buy gas) and we bring our own food and have fun as a family.

If I post that I am not smiling in some photos - I am asked what is going on?

If I post what I believe - I am told that I shouldnt BUT they constantly post something there and I say nothing coz I believe that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and I always respect that.

If I post that we ate outside - I am judged that I keep eating out even if that meal is completely FREE or we are celebrating a special occasion.

It's like everything I post there, I get a comment that is mostly bad than good. I thought it is supposed to connect us and allow us to be who we are BUT that is not the case.

I think now all I keep is twitter for the reason that I can post my blog there and attend twitter party and I dont have to hear any negative stuff about me. Im sure there is but I have learned to ignore coz to me it doesnt really matter now.

I will continue to be me and only worries about it if I know I am affecting my family (my husband and kids) the "others" I have learned to accept the reality that no matter what I do I will be judge and will be questioned so I just let it be.

Do you have the same situation? How do you handle it? What do you feel about social media?
Would love to hear from you and thank you for hearing me.

Take care!

free, freebie, freebies, giveaway, free coupons, free printable coupons, savings, how to save, sweepstakes, religion, politics, bank, financial advisor, snl, funny, home buyer, loan, mortgage, interest rate, rate, trump, fha,  30 years loan, loan, rising rate, foreclosure, lender, mortgage calculator, home, housing, first time home buyer, buying home, questions to ask, how to, what is 2017 interest rate, housing rate, inauguration, women's march, free tax filing, donald trump, protest, anti-trump protest, protest, kelly clarkson, anna farris, 2017, potus, w2, how to file tax, obamacare, repeal, aca, affordable care act, texas, what to do, what is the best, how to, things to do, parenting, blogging, social media, instagram, twitter, facebook, vine, account, bank, what is, how to fix, state parks, direction, restaurant, jesus, hell, catholic, jew, brexit, how to blog, stay at home mom, how to earn money at home, rv, car, new home, new car, baby, milestone, pregnancy, baby milestones, wikileaks, wikipedia, weather, free calculator, learn online, online tools, tools, board meeting, 2017 pickup trucks, discount airfares, best hotel, travel, tiny homes, trailer homes, recipe, honda pilot, funny videos, what to wear, quote, quote of the day, utility, job, looking for job, date site
trisha yearwood, ryan reynolds, michael keaton, sara kapfer, scarlett johansson, wayne coyne, alternative facts, facts, merriam webster, kellyanne conway, superbowl, atlanta falcons

No comments:

Post a Comment